Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on July, 23, 2021
An Employment agency or job placement service, as generally known, is a kind of representative on your behalf, in front of employers looking for human resources. Naturally, an employment agency would help you build a perfect resume; presented it to Employers, list you for the existing positions in an industry relevant to your resume and career interests just like job placement services in Kolkata. The best part is that they won't generally charge except for resume writing service. They are not doing any free services, they would charge the Employers, as in Job market, you are the commodity and Employers are the clients i.e. buyers.
Using job placement services for job search is a good choice in most cases especially, in times of recession as there are not many openings available or advertised and filled (if there are any) through internal hiring or employment agencies/job placement services.
How to use the job placement services?
- You won't want a bad impression for yourself. Elect a well reputed and well connected (in the industry) employment agency for your job hunt. Selecting a bad representative to sell you to Employers could fall or diminish your chances to get measured for the open positions relevant to your resume.
- Meet personally with the people at the employment agency i.e. recruiters.
- Freely discuss your strengths, weaknesses, experiences, skills and career goals with the recruiter. They could get out from you, all the significant stuff that should feature in your resume. They are the professionals after all.
- Do not make or present false details or hide anything.
They see people like you every day and would judge/get to identify about it.
- Avoid providing misleading/false information to the recruiter.
It's not a good idea to tell a recruiter about a success you never made, or a skill you don't own. This could be devastating for your quest to a great job.
- Let the recruiters do their work; don't depict yourself as "I am smarter than you".
- You don't need to hide if you have submitted your resume to several recruitment agencies. They don't feel bad knowing that. You select how much you want to share about it. Submitting your resume to job placement services is like selling a product and it's your will to whom you wish to sell.
Using Online Recruiters/Job boards
Posting your resume to online recruiters/job boards is always a decent idea.
Some do's and don'ts are listed below for better results:
- Your resume must comprise complete, correct and up to date information about yourself.
- Never miss a chance; do subscribe for job alert services to keep you updated about the latest available openings.
- Do not share your financial or any other data that you wouldn't like to share with the public or even a limited public.
- Do not pay for job chasing services; remember you are the product, not the buyer.
- Do not spend money on any Employer that may call you for a test or interview on any pretext.
The job search is one of the most significant phases of your life. Select wisely and make the most out of obtainable tools for your job search/career management. Do not let yourself rundown the valuable resources and channels that could land you a great career.